In early 2018 Mount Pleasant purchased a new tennis ball machine: the Lobster Elite Grand 4.
The machine is battery operated, and currently there is no electricity in the storage shed so we charge the battery in the clubhouse.
More information on this ball machine here
The user manual can be downloaded here
There are full instructions on how to go about using the machine in Mount Pleasant in this video:
There is also a tool to make it easier to pick up the balls: the Kollectaball
- Is the main switch (hidden down below the control panel on the left side, near the wheel) in the UP position?
- Is there a ball stuck in the machine? Disconnect the battery, take all the balls out of the hopper and look into the mechanism. If you see a ball stuck:
- DOUBLE CHECK POWER IS REMOVED - this means disconnect the battery completely.
- Now carefully put your hand in through the feed wheel and try to pinch the threads on the ball, and pull it out. If this fails, put the machine back and let Dee know.
- Is the trip-switch off? This can happen if a ball was stuck in the machine. The trip-switch is down under the control panel, on the opposite side to the main switch (near the other wheel). Try to flick this on and see if it helps.
- Finally: if the battery fails for you, and if the charger was showing a green light before you started, please let Dee know. The battery may need replacing.